Investor Forum 2020
Where’s the Money Going Next?
The Investor Forum to be held in conjunction with Strategies in Light 2020 will be updated in a new format to reflect the current dynamics in the LED and lighting industries. While major component suppliers and large lighting companies struggle to maintain profit margins in light of competition from Asia, tariffs, and product commoditization, small-to-midsize companies are looking for M&A opportunities, mainly through acquisition by private equity firms or larger companies. Many new companies have appeared on the scene that focus on fast-growing vertical markets, including horticultural lighting, lighting for health and well-being and connected lighting. Other companies are focused on new opportunities in technologies beyond the traditional LED component markets, including UV LEDs and micro-LEDs.
The Investor Forum will explore the dynamics of lighting market investment opportunities by means of presentations from companies that have moved beyond startup stage and have demonstrated profitability and growth, as well as some early stage startups that are offering exciting new technologies that potentially offer great value to the lighting industry. Moreover, panel sessions with experienced representatives from the investor and acquisition sides of the industry will provide insights into how both companies and investors can profit from new investment opportunities. They will also discuss strategies for successful M&A.
Participating panelists confirmed to date include:
- Mike Gagnon, President, Alumage Advisors
- Jed Dorsheimer, Managing Director, Sustainability, Canaccord Genuity
- Jy Bardwaj, Entrepreneur in Residence, Capricorn Investment Group
- Konrad Jarausch, Entrepreneur in Residence, Capricorn Investment Group
- Dale Pfau, Managing Partner, Axion Advisors
- Frank Harder, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Harder Advisors
Who Should Attend
- Investors and investment advisors
- Private equity executives
- Large company executives looking for acquisition opportunities
- Start-up company founders
- Lighting industry participants looking for insight into industry dynamics
- Financial industry executives
- Lighting industry financial analysts